– November 12, 2020
Club Med is committed to providing you with the best experience before, during and after you stay: find all the information related to the current Coronavirus situation.
Our Resorts are welcoming guests again
We are happy to announce the reopening of the following resorts:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay: opened on June 12, 2020
- Club Med Cancún Yucatán: opened on October 17, 2020
- Club Med Punta Cana: opened on October 17, 2020
Incentive for Travel Advisors
|Your Clients can Travel & Book with Peace of Mind|
|Free Cancellation||Enhanced Resort Hygiene Measures||Emergency Assistance Program|
Your Clients can cancel for free up to 15 days prior to departure for travels on or prior to July 2nd, 2021*.
Get the Best Rate Guarantee**!
Your Clients will travel safely with our Safe Together program, a set of enhanced Hygiene & Safety measures implemented in all our Club Med resorts.
Our Emergency Assistance Program provides all guests traveling by April 30, 2021 with coverage for emergency medical expenses during their stay, including those related to COVID-19.***
Safe Together – Club Med’s Hygiene & Safety Promise
Resorts Closure & Reopening Updates
RESORT STATUS UPDATES
Club Med is currently following the decisions taken by international authorities and governments worldwide to enforce travel restrictions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) along with the suspension of international flights by airlines, to decide on the suspension of operations at its Resorts, or the reopening of its properties.
As of today, Club Med has decided to temporarily suspend its Resort operations as follow:
- Club Med Turkoise: until November 28, 2020**
- Club Med Caravelle: until December 18, 2020**
- Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda: until December 19, 2020**
- Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek: until February 6, 2021**
- Club Med Columbus Isle: until December 2021**
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific: until December 2021**
CANCELLATION POLICY IN FORCE IF RESORT CLOSED AT THE TIME OF PLANNED TRAVEL
If you have an existing reservation in any resort that is closed at the time of your planned stay, your reservation has been automatically cancelled and you will receive:
- A Future Travel Credit* for 100% of the paid land costs, valid for 2 years from the original date of travel to any resort worldwide of your choice.
- Once you rebook a future stay, if the Future Travel Credit* value is higher than the cost of your new booking, we will issue an additional Future Travel Credit* for the remaining balance, to be used within 2 years from the original date of travel.
- If you booked an air-inclusive package with us, you will receive a credit with the airline based on the carrier’s specific policies. Please note, if you did not book your airfare with Club Med, please make sure to contact the air carrier directly to cancel your flight before time of departure.
Book with peace of mind
For new bookings made on or after May 18, 2020, on the following resorts: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Cancun Yucatan, Mexico; Ixtapa Pacific, Mexico; Sandpiper Bay, Florida, USA; Turkoise, Turks and Caicos; Michès Playa Esmeralda, Dominican Republic; Caravelle, Guadeloupe; Buccaneer’s Creek, Martinique; and Columbus Isle, Bahamas, cancel for free up to 15 days prior to departure and receive a full refund on the land portion of your stay (refund excludes membership fees, optional insurance and airfare).
- Up to 15 days prior to departure for stays on or prior to July 2nd 2021 (100% charge if 14 or less)
- Up to 61 days prior to departure for specific 2020 – 2021 Holiday weeks, including Christmas 2020, New Year’s 2020, President’s Day 2021, and stays starting July 3rd 2021 (25% charge if cancellation between 60 & 31 days. 50% charge if cancellation between 30 & 15 days. 100% if 14 or less)
- Up to 91 days prior to departure for 2021 Holiday weeks (including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas 2021, New Year’s Eve 2021 and other weeks) (100% charge if 91 or less)
The above policy is not applicable when booking any non-refundable rate travel.
The cancellation charges are assessed on the full package price. Revisions of any kind (including but not limited to a change in the date of departure or resort) will be treated as a cancellation and applicable cancellation charges will be assessed and revised booking will be subject to pricing then in effect. One-time substitutions within the same room may be accepted, except during holiday periods, subject to a $50 fee and any airline ticketing fee and/or ticketing restrictions. Please inquire for additional details. Unpaid balances on cancellation charges are subject to collection action. All refunds will go back on the same form of payment. If the cancelled booking was paid using a future travel certificate, the refund will be issued as a credit for future travel to be used prior to the expiration date of the original future travel certificate. No refunds will be made in the event of no-shows or interruption or cancellation by the Member after departure. There is no refund for unused travel vouchers or transfers. Cancellation charges for special events, certain promotions and holiday travel may vary; please contact your travel advisor.
Best Rate Guarantee**
If you find a lower price in the future for the same travel dates, receive a Future Travel Credit for a value equal to the price difference applicable to your next booking.
Valid for new individual land-only bookings booked on or after May 18th 2020, on the following resorts: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Cancun Yucatan, Mexico; Ixtapa Pacific, Mexico; Sandpiper Bay, Florida, USA; Turkoise, Turks and Caicos; Michès Playa Esmeralda, Dominican Republic; Caravelle, Guadeloupe; Buccaneer’s Creek, Martinique; and Columbus Isle, Bahamas,and based on value as written on the sales contract. Claims can be done up to 15 days before departure. Only one claim per file. Must concern a stay identical in all criteria to the original reservation, including: same Club Med resort, same check-in and check-out dates, same category of room, same number and type of guests (adults and children of the same age), same currency, same payment terms and same cancellation policy. Lower price quoted must be final, including any fees, taxes, or administration fees applied. Airfare, membership fees and extras are not covered by this guarantee. Guarantee does not apply to the following: group bookings, last minute deals, flash sales, privately contracted rates, rates only accessible by user and password or with promotional code, travel agent rates, referral reward rates, or friends and family rates. Guarantee refers to the total price of the stay and cannot refer to a partial price of any or all of the days it comprises. Future Travel Certificates must be used for travel completed within one year of the original date of travel and may be subject to restrictions. Club Med may withdraw this offer at any time and is not responsible for errors or omissions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Emergency Assistance Program***
As an addition to our Safe Together mission, implementing enhanced safety and hygiene measures in our resorts, we are modifying our Emergency Assistance Program to provide all guests traveling before April 30th, 2021 with coverage for emergency medical expenses during their stay, including those related to COVID-19.^
What is covered?
1. In case of sickness related to COVID-19, all healthcare expenses during your stay are covered: medical expenses in case of hospitalization, medical visit, COVID-19 Test, transportation cost to the laboratory in order to administrate the test.
2. In case of hospitalization, coverage will also apply for: housing cost for companion, accompaniment of children. Medical evacuation if the situation requires it.
3. In case of quarantine: the assistance center will organize housing along with the Resort and the health personnel.
4. If the G.M missed their intended flight: the assistance center will take charge and organize a new return flight following the sanitary requirements established by the health team.
What is not covered by the program?
Consequences of global COVID situations in the country where the resort is located, such as:
1. Border lockdown: per region/ per city/ airport closure/ flight cancelation/ Resort closure…
2. Interruption of stay: following the declaration of State of Emergency
3. Quarantine: at the destination without being sick.
A certificate of insurance confirming coverage of medical expenses in case of sickness including COVID-19 can be provided upon request in order to enter a country or to obtain a travel visa. Please note that from July 1st, the certificate of insurance is requested by: French Polynesia, Israel, Ukraine, Lebanon, Cambodia, Turks & Caicos.
This Assistance Agreement constitutes the general conditions of the contract concluded between EUROP ASSISTANCE, a business governed by the Insurance Code, and CLUB MED SALES, on behalf of its clients. It specifies the content of and the limits on the services to be provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE for CLUB MED SALES clients. The Assistance is provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE, and not by Club Med®. Any enrollment in Club Med®, or through the intermediary of a travel agent, makes the G.M® eligible for EUROP ASSISTANCE services, which cover assistance for persons. Applicable only to US members (G.Ms®) who are US residents and have booked and paid for their trip in the US. This coverage supercedes any previously existing coverage and is subject to change without notice. A complete description of coverage is available upon request with Club Med Sales Inc., and also in the Basic Insurance document you will receive by electronic mail before departure if you made a reservation. Call your Travel Agent or our Club Med call center for more details.
Note: Because we want you to remain the main contact point for your client, Club Med will not be communicating directly with your client regarding the cancellation of their booking. Their Future Travel Credit will be sent directly to you, their travel agent. Make sure to communicate that important information to your client, as soon as you receive it.
Your commission is guaranteed – all travel partners will receive standard commission on any client rebookings once the client travels to the resort. If your client opts to receive a Future Travel Credit, and does not rebook, our standard commission will also be paid towards the amount of the credit after the date of its expiration.
CANCELLATION & REVISION POLICY
*This offer is subject to availability, as defined by Club Med, is non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash. The travel certificate may be applied to the land portion of a Club Med vacation. If you booked air on your original booking with us, please inquire at the time of rebooking and we will apply the air credit based on the individual carrier’s policy. When you are ready to make your travel plans, please contact your travel agent or Club Med’s Contact Center at 1-800-CLUBMED (1-800-258-2633). You may redeem your Travel Certificate during the booking process with the reservation agent. Please advise the agent taking payment that you have a credit. Your membership fees will be carried over from the original file based on the memberships paid at that time. If this credit is applied to a reservation of lesser value, the difference will be carried forward expiring 2 years from the original date of travel (last day to checkout) to another booking(s). Please keep the email in a safe place for future reference, as loss of this original certificate number may result in forfeiture of the offer. This certificate is valid only for bookings made in the US or Canada based on the original booking country office.
**subject to change based on latest government and state regulations and authorizations.
^2% extra commission, on top of the current rate and applicable conditions, applied on the amount of travel credit on the land portion only, for all bookings to any Club Med resort using a Future Travel Credit for travel through March 31, 2021. To be eligible, a Future Travel Credit must be used as the main form of payment and a minimum of 3 nights stay is required.